Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, June, 2022: The state of Andhra Pradesh is moving ahead with boundless energy and determination to uplift the livelihood of the citizen through industrial and social welfare development. In a recent development, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy laid the foundation stone for Apache Footwear Group at Inangalur of Srikalahasti mandal. This manufacturing facility has been running successfully, contributing to the growth of the state and the people of AP in Hilltop SEZ development Pvt Ltd – APACHE is all set to increase its capacity at Inagaluru village, Srikalahasti with their latest investment of Rs. 800 Cr to establish the manufacturing unit.
Speaking at the ceremony, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Mr. Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy said, “This manufacturing unit is spread across 250 acres of land and is set to generate employment for 10,000 people”. The Chief Minister further announced, “The unit will be ready for operations by September 2023, bringing in 80% employment for the local people from AP. They have already established one of the units in YSR Kadapa district and is expected to provide employment to 2000 people.”
The State of Andhra Pradesh has been holding the pole position in the Ease of Doing Business and has been ranked #1 by the World Bank and DPIIT since 2016 and achieved 100% compliance on 187 reform action points as a part of the Business Reform Action Plan BRAP 2019.
Tirupati is set to receive a significant boost in the industrial sector as Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has inaugurated several electronic manufacturing units in Tirupati including Panel Optodisplay Technology Pvt Ltd (TCL India), Foxlink, Sunny Oppotech, Dixon Technologies, and a software firm – Techbulls is set to begin its operations in town.
Panel Optodisplay Technology Pvt Ltd (POTPL – TCL India) has set up its manufacturing unit with a proposed total investment of Rs. 1,230 Cr. This investment is set to employ close to 3,500 people. Under the trial production, over 1,000 employees have already joined the workforce of the company.
Sunny Opotech is a picture generation unit that manufactures camera modules through a unique technology involving aspherical lens application, autofocus, zoom, and multilayer coating with other optical core technologies. So far, the company has invested Rs. 100 Cr out of the proposed Rs. 280 Cr., with a total employment generation of 1,200 people in Tirupati.
TOTAL INVESTMENTS GROUNDED AND UNDER IMPLEMENTATION
- About 96 Large and Mega industries with an investment of INR 39,467 Cr, are grounded so far, generating employment of about 60,000
- About 28,343 MSME industries are grounded with an investment of around INR 47,490 Cr, generating employment of 2.48 lacs
- 56 Large & Mega projects with a total investment of INR 43,972 crore are under active implementation, which are likely to be commissioned in the next 1 to 2 years and with a potential to create employment of over 97,000 people.
- There are 5 projects under active consideration of the State Government with a total investment of INR 1,365 Crore generating employment for around 10,000 people
- Besides the above, there are 92 projects, which evinced interest in the State to set up their projects and are under active discussion. The investment in these projects is about Rs. 2.19 lac crores with the potential to create employment for 3.19 lac people.